Kids want to have fun. Especially on their birthday. They want to be the centre of attention, get nice gifts and have a ball with their friends. So, when planning birthday parties for kids how do you ensure that they’ll not only get their share of cake, but that they’ll get to eat it too by having the kind of party they’ve been dreaming of? The secret to success in this case can be summed up in one word: planning. Simply setting out some tables and chairs and blowing up a few balloons won’t guarantee a fun time for all. No, you need to have an idea of what makes a successful party click and then set out to do just that.
Kid’s Birthday Parties: What to Include
Now that you’ve dedicated yourself to planning the ultimate birthday bash, what are the elements you’ll need to cover to ensure smiles all around?
- The Theme – Let’s start with the big picture. Themed birthday parties can be ginormous fun if the theme is carefully considered and easy to embrace. Having 1972 as a party theme probably isn’t going to go over very well in kidsville, whereas superheroes can keep the fun cranking from beginning to end.
- Delicious Food – Kids look forward to birthday parties as one time they aren’t going to be told to eat their vegetables. You don’t have to serve them refined sugar patties with chocolate frosting but the food served should reflect the tastes of the birthday girl or boy while retaining some semblance of nutritional value. Pizza is a good example of a delicious middle ground.
- Plenty of Beverages – Make sure there’s a variety of beverages on hand for the kids to choose from. Soda and fruit juices are party stalwarts but you can also bring out the blender and make delicious and nutritious smoothies for everyone too.
- Activities/Games – If you hold your party at an indoor playground your choice of games and activities will be greatly increased which can make everything flow smoother. Treasure hunts, sack races and obstacle courses are all party favourites while bringing in clowns and maybe even a magician will get the kids attention and keep them involved.
- Music – While the kids are working their way around the obstacle course nothing keeps things lively like some wacky party music. Keep a selection of different types on hand to fit various situations and you’re sure to keep things moving along.
- Party Favours – Party favours are a great way to make everyone feel special and involved. They’re an inexpensive, simple and fun way for kids to remember the party long after the last balloon has popped.
Whether at your home or at an indoor playground including some or all of these elements in kid’s birthday parties will create fun memories for everyone who attends. Just remember to keep things moving, keep things colourful and fun, provide the unexpected and put safety first and you’ll be good to go.
Oaktree Play Centre indoor playground and centre for birthday centre was created to bring entertainment for the whole family, a vision of becoming a place of fun and happy memories. We have hosted birthday parties for kids in Richmond Hill, Markham, Aurora, Stouffville, King City, Maple and New Market. Visit us on Google+.